Recent Posts

Friday, October 2, 2009

fashion friday- edition #1

I realize I have no real credibility to do a fashion blog entry. But the other night Rod and I were watching the Emmy fashion reviews. (I have a good husband.) And they showed a picture of a lovely actress wearing a gorgeous dress. I boldly declared to Rod: "Her bag is ALL wrong. It's WAY too big." And 3 seconds later the host of the fashion show said THE EXACT SAME THING. I know. I was amazed at my fashion sense, too.

So, I took that as a sign that I was ready to answer some of your pressing fashion questions. Plus it's my blog and I can do whatever I want on it. Feel free to send your questions here or email them.

Question #1:

When is it appropriate to start wearing my holiday sweaters? Do I have to wait until the actual day of the holiday?

All right. I'm just going to say it. Sometimes you have to rip the band aid off quickly. Do not EVER wear holiday-themed sweaters. I will pause a minute to let that sink in.

Little pumpkins or snowmen do not belong anywhere in your wardrobe at any time. I don't care if you've had it for years and people tell you how much they love it. They don't. They are telling you that so they can laugh at you behind your back. And if your holiday sweater requires batteries, I can't even begin to describe the level of mocking going on.

Maybe some of you are teachers and you think you are exempt from this fashion rule. You are not exempt. You are impressing young minds and you should really be held at a higher standard.

Question #2

I can't go on to question #2. I've worked myself into a frenzy over Question #1.

10 comments:

Karenkool said...

FINALLY! Someone told the truth. But what about those nifty halloween earrings and matching necklaces?

Just Mom said...

Well, I guess this means I won't be wearing my Rudolph sweater with the battery-operated light-up nose this year. I had planned on wearing it on Halloween, along with my skeleton "chandelier" earrings and pumpkin necklace. I was going to go as a calendar. Bummer....

Christina Lowery said...

Amen and amen! When I was in college studying to be a teacher, I belonged to a group of young ladies who made a pact with each other that we would NEVER, EVER wear teacher/Christmas/holiday sweaters! :) Way to keep us all in line Michelle!

Bryce Carlson said...

There is one exception in my book... we have an ugly sweater party every year in December. Feel free to wear the most ridiculous holiday sweater you can find.

Love the blog!

Spsmiles said...

What about holiday earrings??? You know, the battery-powered flashing ornaments or the little bells that jingle? Or...a personal fav, the dangling skeletons??? ;) Ha ha ha

Heidi Jo Comes said...

basics for clothing---check.

your thoughts on a shimmery scarf?

click over to my blog and answer the question about fashion i just raised there, i need some help.

www.heidijowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Preach it, sister. Christmas with my husband's family is like one big ugly-sweater-fest. It's only October and I'm already having to take deep breaths just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

We are required to wear holiday sweaters for two weeks at Christmas where I work. My boss is very classy and so is our office. His wife has weird taste and thinks this is a great idea....NOT! I end up wearing a red, green, or ivory sweater and try my best to avoid all the tacky crap. I have a few co-workers who just do not get the definition of "tacky". Oh how I dread those two weeks. LOL, you should have seen us a few years back when we all had matching flag sweaters to wear around the 4th...oh good Lord!

Beth said...

This is why I love clicking over to your blog . . . you made me laugh for a very long time!!

Lacy said...

Miss Ginger I can't believe that!! I'm with everyone on the sweaters! Especially when you see men wearing them...I think that's even worse!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails