Recent Posts

Monday, September 28, 2009

let us pause for a moment of silence


Dear extra capacity washer & dryer,

I took you for granted for so many years.
You, who were always ready to wash 20 towels at a time.
You, who could wash a comforter after the dog threw up.
You, who were available to me 24 hours a day.
You, with your sexy quick cycle allowing me to wash a load in 20 minutes.
Your gentle hum was music to my ears.

I feel I should be the one to tell you that you will soon be replaced by a small stackable. Or gasp a laundromat. Please don't take it personally. I would take you on this journey with me if I could, but NYC has something against a thing called space in their apartments.

I will never forget you.

Love,
Michelle and her family of six

P.S. I'm sorry I blamed you for all those lost socks. I'm sure it was totally my fault. XOXO

10 comments:

Christina Lowery said...

Love, love, love the new blog Michelle! I look forward to "following" you!

Jen said...

That just cracked me up! I love your sense of humor! I'm sure they will miss you too!

Rachel said...

I read your last post to my husband last night about the kids take on the move to NYC. Very entertaining! This one is too - completely would have the same sentiments if I had to leave mine behind. :)

Lisa H said...

Oooh...that will definitely take some adjustments!

Adrienne said...

Love the new blog! BTW, I, too, cherish my extra capacity washer and dryer. I promise from my heart I won't take them for granted!

Spsmiles said...

Ha ha, LOVE IT! Ahh I can't imagine going from that to a stackable...or a laundromat! Much grace Michelle! Looking forward to reading all about the latest adventure :)

Just Mom said...

Oh, how I would feel your pain... if I were moving to NY ... and if I had one of those.

Kellee said...

Michelle,
Love the new blog. I can't wait to hear all about your NYC adventures! Sorry about the washer/dryer. That's gonna be tough. ;)
~Kellee

Anonymous said...

So you're telling me to appreciate my 20 year old set of Maytags that still sit side by side and hum with a special rattle to them because at least they are mine and nicely fit in my half bath? Okay, I'm off to go give them a special hug :)

Anonymous said...

Tears did surface on this sad sad post. If you ever need a chance to grieve, you can bring you laundry out to the Hamptons and just have at it while we sit around with a cup of coffee!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails