Recent Posts

Thursday, December 17, 2009

modern convenience

The city has a lot to offer in the way of modern convenience. You can get anything and EVERYTHING delivered. I can get meals, dry cleaning, packages, shoes to be shined, laundry, etc... all delivered to my door. In fact, Rod informed me yesterday that he found a liquor store that delivers to our building. I quickly told him I would not be taking advantage of that service though. I just feel if you start having liquor delivered to your door, it might be the sign of a little problem. I'm just sayin.'

But the one convenience I don't mind paying for is having my groceries delivered. It's great. I shop on line, enter my credit card information, select the time for it to be delivered, and BAM! it's done. Remember, we don't have a car, so loading up a weeks worth of groceries and then shlepping them back to my apartment would require me to bring kids along to help carry the bags. And lets's be honest, what mother in her right mind likes to do that? Can I get a witness?

I was so excited to receive my first grocery delivery from Fresh Direct. I got the same feeling inside my heart as when the UPS man comes. Of course when the UPS man shows up, I still think everything he's bringing is a present for me. Am I the only adult that still thinks this?

Anyway, my groceries arrive packed in boxes like this:




Last time I was placing an order, Bo asked me to get snack foods he could eat while he watches sports on TV. Apparently men of all ages need a remote in one hand and food in the other to carefully balance out the universe. While shopping on line I found these hamburger sliders and thought they would be perfect for Bo. Here's a pic. They are still frozen in the picture which explains the iciness.



However, when they arrived, they were quite smaller than I thought when purchasing them on-line.



I'm either going to have to order these by the case to fill the stomach of a 15 year old or go ahead and let Lily feed them to her anorexic Barbie dolls.

7 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i would be all over online grocery shopping. i think i could stick to a budget so much better, and purchase things we actually needed to make complete meals.

i am one of those crazy mom's who takes the kids grocery shopping.

Teresa said...

Ditto to what Heidi said. I would LOVE to have groceries delivered...it's one of those jobs I really dislike. Probably because I always have at least 2 kids with me while I try to shop.

The hamburger sliders cracked me up! Please share Bo's reaction. :)

Jen said...

I was laughing at the comment about the anorexic Barbies......too funny. That would be great having your groceries delivered. I guess Hy-Vee does the same thing but only delivers during the week. DRAT.......I would take full advantage of it. So glad you are enjoying the city life!

Lisa H said...

That is a great service...and I'm loving the little itty bitty burgers...that is too funny!

Karenkool said...

I've never seen a bite sized burger before. That is soooo funny.

Anonymous said...

I am probably laughing way too hard over that tiny little hamburger, but that is so funny!

Howudoing said...

I have Fresh Direct deliver my gorceries every week. I too ordered the sliders thinking they would be a good snack for my husband. You should have seen the expession on the face of my 6' 3", 230 lb. man when he picked up that tiny burger. I immediately picked up the phone and ordered a pizza for him.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails